WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Home Cooking ; Green Market Huevos Guisados






It's officially Fall. The air it's crisp, the days are shorter and the farmers markets are full of seasonal fruits, vegetables and flowers.
Going to the farmers market has been like a hobby to me lately. I could go every day if I could. Sometimes I'll just walk around to smell the sweet peaches or to look at the beautiful colors of the variety of sweet peppers, tomatoes, carrots and so many other vegetables that they offer, it makes me smile.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I try to go during my lunch break from work. Whenever I go,  I would come out carrying at least three bags full of fruits and vegetables, cheese, eggs and a bunch of flowers on my other hand. But sometimes if necessary I'll buy some produce by my house but I prefer the freshness and taste of the Green Market produce. My recent visit just this past Monday brought me to share this recipe today. I wanted to share a classic, at least it is for me and my two brothers. When we were younger my mom used to make Huevos Guisados (egg stew) for us. It was usually for lunch or dinner, but you can eat it at any time of the day. My mom also made it with white rice on the side. We loved it. So it's up to you how you want to eat Huevos Guisados. I mastered her recipe but added a little bit more vegetables. At that time we didn't like to eat vegetables, we picked them out of the plate, especially my older brother. He used to picked the tiniest pieces of onion or even the smallest cilantro leaf. But now I can put vegetables on anything and everything. So get pen and paper and write it down. It's super easy, delicious and the best eggs you ever eaten.

  Ingredients

4 hard boiled eggs cut in four pieces
1/2 yellow and red sweet peppers cut in strips
2 plum tomatoes cut in pieces ( I used a medium heirloom tomato)
Salt & pepper
Tsp of tomato paste
A stalk of celery cut in small pieces ( I used the leaves instead, it had a very strong taste and strong smell so I discarded afterwards)
1 garlic clove
A pinch of oregano powder
2 Tb of vegetable oil
Small red onion cut in small pieces
3 Tb of water


 Preparation

In a non-stick pan heat the oil and add the sweet peppers, tomatoes, onion, celery. Cook for about two minutes.
Add the salt and pepper, garlic and oregano powder. Stir for less than a minute and add the tomato paste and the water, make sure the tomato paste dissolves and then add the eggs.
Cover the eggs with the sauce and let it cook for one more minute.
Serve with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro leaves and serve with white rice.






Heirloom tomatoes

I had to place the bags on the fl to take the picture
Cabbages, flowers and peppers

Berries and peaches

No comments:

Post a Comment