WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

CHACHA'S CLOSET ; In The Blues

I've never worn one color head to toes before, maybe black and that's about it. Is black considered a "color" color? I'm actually creasing my eyebrows thinking about it. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that it is the first time I wear a monochromatic outfit for once. But hey, there's always a first time for everything.
The denim on denim look is everywhere now, the trick to get it right thou is wearing different tones denim. I've tried it a couple times but it never looked as chic as today, I think. And that's because I decided to wear high heels and a leopard coat. Adding heels to a casual outfit makes a huge difference.
But going back to the monochromatic look, if head to toes is too daring for you, try just matching your accessories, like your bag, shoes and the scarf maybe if you are wearing one. One important tip: Don't try to match the exact color of the accessories, it will not look stylish, it will look like you are trying way too hard to look the part and that my stylish friends is not Chic. The best way to get it right is using clothing or accessories in this case in different textures like I did here: patent leather bag, wool covered heels, cotton scarf, denim, ext. Go ahead, I dare you to go monochromatic.








 Love Chacha,
Photos by: Sasha Davidoff
Denim shirt: Urban Outfitters similar here and here on sale. Jeans: Rich and Skinny, similar here Belt: J Crew, here and a very similar but cheaper  here Leopard print furry coat: F21 (old) similar here  and here Heels: Lela Rose (gift), Bag: Moschino (old) Scarf: American Eagle, similar here
Jewelry: DKNY, J Crew, F21, Kenneth Cole, Gap 

No comments:

Post a Comment