WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Thursday, November 14, 2013

HOME COOKING ; Spiced Shrimps with Gingered Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Asparagus

I'm loving challenges lately. I think it's a way to get stronger and optimistic about my goals for the future.
There's been a few lows but I'm definitely hopeful for the upcoming highs in my life. But enough drama, I'm here to talk Home Cooking and today I'm bringing you a delicious spiced up recipe.
The shrimps are spiced by red pepper flakes and the sweet potatoes by ginger.
I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not a ginger kind of girl. The last time I used ginger in my cooking it was for an Asian dish I made, so I had some left over (an Asian market by my house sells a big bunch for just a $1.00, just so you know).
 All I can say is, I'll be using ginger more often for now on. The mashed sweet potatoes got a kick with that ginger. The original recipe was made with sea scallops, I did it with shrimps and also added the Asparagus as an extra side dish. Should I dare to say that this might be at the Thanksgiving table this year? 

Ingredients  
Serves 2


1/2 Lb of shrimps
1 Lb sweet potatoes cut in about 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 Tb of finely minced ginger
1/2 a stick of butter
Fresh cilantro chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 Tb of red pepper flakes
2 Tbs of olive oil
1 cup of water
Juice from one lime
A handful of asparagus, trimmed


Preparations


Boil sweet potatoes chunks in a deep, heavy bottom sauce pan with 1/2 a cup of water and covered.
Cook until soft, when done discard any water left and add the ginger and 1 Tb of butter and mash. Put on the side covered to keep warm. In the same pan and the remaining water and cook asparagus until tender.
Meanwhile season the shrimps with salt and pepper. Heat one 1 Tb of butter and 1 Tb of olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook shrimps on both sides until they turn pink.
Add the red pepper flakes, lime juice and chopped cilantro and more butter and olive oil if you wish to make it more saucy.
Serve the sweet potatoes and asparagus with a few shrimps and sprinkle more cilantro on top.


Love Chacha











No comments:

Post a Comment