WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HOME COOKING : Grilled Glazed Salmon with Baby Spinach Salad

It's Autumn but I'm still grilling indoors. Eating healthy has been my mission for the past couple of years. I'm not following a diet per say but I'm eating more salads, veggies etc. and also grilled food is way healthier.
I try to balance my eating habits most of the times; if I eat too many calories during the day by dinner time I usually eat less carbs or none at all. I've made this dish a few times varying the greens, veggies or the type of fish. But this time I grilled the salmon with a delicious glaze based of honey and mild-hot sauce. Salmon is my favorite fish of all, it's flavorful and packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, proteins and Vitamins A, B and D and much more benefits that I'm not going to mention because I'm not an expert, but you get the idea. Go ahead, put your apron on and get ready to cook, serve and eat this delicious meal. It goes perfectly with a glass of red wine as well if you wish.


Ingredients (serves two)

1 Lb of Salmon fillet
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tb of honey
1/2 Tsp of Tabasco Jalapeño sauce
Juice from one lime
1tsb of brown sugar
1 pk of baby spinach
1 corn on the cob
3 or 4 green scallions
1 small avocado cut in small pieces
Cooking spray

For the salad dressing: 

Extra lime juice
Olive oil
Salt


Preparation

Season salmon with salt and pepper, set aside. I recommend to grill the corn and the scallions before the salmon. Since this particular fish has such a strong smell it's better to cook last. Cut the kernels off the cob and the scallions chopped in small pieces.
In a small bowl mix honey, Tabasco Jalapeño sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Set aside.
Spray grill pan and place salmon fillets skin down first for a few minutes, turn when it starts changing color half way and flip sides. You can peel the skin off and use a small brush or tsp to add some of the honey/Jalapeño sauce on top and keep turning and brushing the glaze until well done.
While salmon is cooking arrange baby spinach, avocado, scallions and corn in a large bowl and sprinkle with the extra lime juice, salt and olive oil and toss.




The placemat it's actually a dishtowel I bought at Anthropologie. The handwritten note is a sangria recipe. Love the unique look of it so I use as a placemat/runner for my small kitchen table. You can find a similar one here and I'm  loving the illustrations and cheaper versions at H&M Home here

Love Chacha

No comments:

Post a Comment