WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HOME COOKING : Cilantro Pasta with Clams

With a new year comes changes, which is always good. I know it's easier said than done but it's usually rewarding.
It's not a secret that I like to change things around; in my home decor, my wardrobe but especially in my cooking. My technique consist in adding or substituting an ingredient. But that doesn't necessarily means altering the whole recipe just adding an interesting flavor. It automatically becomes yours, it adds your signature to it. By experimenting new dishes get discovered.
Today I took a classic dish to another level, Fettuccine with Clams is very popular but I made it a bit more flavorful switching the Parsley for Cilantro. (The pasta doesn't really make a big difference on this dish, I used Spaghetti instead of Fettuccine, I don't want to go to details but the only difference is the shape, besides I already had the Spaghetti in my pantry.) So get your hands ready for some clam scrubbing and lets get Cooking.

Cooking Notes:
 For some weir reason I do not measure my ingredients when cooking. I do own most of the utensils to measure but over all I rarely use them. I eyeball most of them A la Rachel Ray. So below is the list of ingredients with no specific amount for some of them, I recommend that you go by your taste when using salt, garlic, pepper, etc. *Wink.



Ingredients (Serves 2)

1 dozen clams
1/2 Lb of your preferred pasta Spaghetti or Fettuccine or else
3  large garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Red Pepper Flakes
Cilantro (chopped)
Water


Preparation

First make sure the clams are closed, scrub them under cold running water and set aside.
In a large pot with a tight lid boil about a 1/4 of water, add the clams and steam for about 3 minutes or until the clams are opened, if any remain closed discard. Save the remaining water/juices from the clams and set aside.
Meanwhile cook the pasta following box directions, add a bit of salt to taste. In a large bowl mix the garlic, pepper flakes and olive oil set aside for a couple more minutes while pasta cooks etc.
When the pasta is done  (preferably al dente) drain and pour over the bowl with the olive oil, pepper flakes and garlic, add some of the clam water/juice and mix well using two serving forks. And last but not least add the Cilantro and mix again. Bon Appetite!








No comments:

Post a Comment