WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Thursday, October 30, 2014

LAST MINUTE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES IDEAS FROM YOUR CLOSET

Halloween 2013 dressed as a Gypsy straight out of my closet, Oli's store bought
Are you still undecided what to wear for Halloween? You don't want to spend lots of money on a costume you're only wearing for a few hours? Is the store sold out on the one you want? Hey you're not alone. I have answered yes to all of those questions myself. But I'm not a Fashionista for nothing, Halloween is all about fashion. You don't have to wear a cheap looking, itchy material and poorly made outfit to have fun on this non-Holiday Holiday, just use you imagination and create an unique outfit that no one else will be wearing. Make an inventory of the pieces you have in your closet that can work with the costume ideas you might have and you can easily make not one but a couple of outfits  and turn them into awesome Halloween costumes. That's going to help you the same way it helped me solve this dilemma years ago. Looking back at my past Halloween outfits, I realized that 90% of the time I made them with stuff I already owned. This year I have at least four different ideas for Halloween. So first decide which year or whom you would like to "imitate" 20's, 40's, 70's, 80's etc. You can Google famous classic movies that are known for their fashion sense: Example; The Great Gatsby or you can look at pictures of different eras. For Example: Fashion in the 70's... you see where I'm going with this? After you've chosen which character you want to be, put the pieces together and verify you have nailed it and if you need to buy some extra accessories. It's that easy. In my case I didn't have to spend more than $10 bucks for my Halloween costume this year, last year's was absolutely free. How sweet is this? Below are the four outfits I'm debating on for Halloween. Which one should I go for?

PS
The samples below are not the exact pieces in my closet but are pretty close to what I own.
Have fun shopping your closet and have a very Happy and Fashionable Halloween!

Love Chacha,


Audrey Hepburn on Breakfast at Tiffany's

Disco Diva
The Great Gatsby/Flapper Dancer

Cat Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment