WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cheap and Easy Gourmet dinner cont./ Tequila grilled shrimp Recipe

As I promise you here is the recipe from my previous post.
It's easy, it's fast but mostly is delish. I found this recipe at marthastewart.com and  added a couple personal touches and other ingredients.
 I'll you share a secret... I never follow directions of any kind especially measurements. 
So this particular recipe I pretended to be Rachel Ray and eyeballed the amount of my ingredients.
 I accompany this delish "Borracho Shrimps" with an avocado, tomatoes and grilled corn salad sprinkled with chopped scallions and seasoned with olive oil, salt and a lime juice with a side of  grilled asparragus.
Hope you enjoy it as much I did.

Bon appetit!

Tequila-Grilled Shrimp 
Everyday Food, June 2010 http://www.marthastewart.com/317963/tequila-grilled-shrimp

 Serves 4

 Ingredients

 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined 
1/4 cup silver or white tequila 
 1/4 cup lime juice (from about 3 limes)
 Cilantro finely chopped
 Coarse salt and ground pepper 
1 clove of garlic finely chopped or grated
 Lime wedges (for serving) 

Directions 

1.In a medium nonreactive bowl, stir together shrimp, tequila, lime juice;
 season with salt and pepper, garlic and cilantro. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes. 
2.Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. 
Grill shrimp until opaque throughout, 4 to 6 minutes, flipping once.
 Transfer to a platter and serve shrimp with lime wedges.

 © 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment