WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mommy & Me Style; End Of Summer Style

Summer season is almost over. Even thou NYC didn't have a "Summer" per say. We did get a couple of heatwaves but it was different this year.
I grew up in a tropical island so I really don't mind NY's weather. I love and enjoy each and every season for their uniqueness.
 I don't want the Summer to be over so soon. But hey, I don't have a choice, I'll wait for Mother Nature to decide our fate. For now let's enjoy what's left of the Summer season.

 Today it's about some Summer style ideas and tips.
Chacha on a Budget is all about being chic but on the cheap. I'll share with you a little secret; shop end of season's sales now so by next Summer you won't be spending as much and will be ready and still in style.
You're probably thinking: She must be crazy. I don't blame you. I thought so myself when someone suggested that a while ago. And believe me, it actually works.
Every year trends come and go, it's like a recycling process. But classic pieces like skinny jeans, white shirts, blazers, leather clothing or accessories, neon, color blocking etc. will always be on trend, there's not doubt.
When I receive my preseason magazines from either Lucky, In Style or People StyleWatch I'll find that most of the stuff that was "IN" last year will be back with just a bit of adjustments and automatically becomes "NEW" again.
 I can guarantee you, shop next year's wardrobe and you wont regret it. Here's why:
  1. It's going to cost you a about a 1/3 less than next year's prices.
  2. You'll have some unique pieces that not everybody is going to have.
  3. You might need it before next Summer: a vacation for example.
I've done it. And I've had people asking me for example; " Where did you get your Anchor sequin shirt?"
"Oh I bought it last year at J Crew, sorry." <including a little devil smile here>
They are going to find something similar depending on the brand but you will feel proud that you won't find about 10 people wearing the same thing walking on the street or maybe at a party.
The same thing goes with kid's clothing and shoes, the difference is that they grow fast so you have to buy new sizes about every three months. Unless you find something so damn adorable that you cannot wait and buy it until it fits her or him in my case ( I have a very stylish little guy). I've done shopping for him last year and he wore it this summer. For example; those adorable grey shoes on the last picture I got him at Zara's.

Below are some outfit ideas for this coming Labor day weekend/End of Summer style,  for both my son and myself.
They have a Nautical/Hampton's feel but without the price (I can't afford to go to the Hamptons so I dress the part).
The first outfit is for daytime, dress down kind of way but still with some chicness. And at night time just switch the espadrilles for heels, add simple gold accessories and the blazer and mommy can still look hot with an edge and my boy will change outfits (you know how two years old can get messy sometimes).
I hope you  find my tips helpful, my style inspiring.



Enjoy what's left of the Summer, dress down or dress up but don't loose your coolness and style.

Love,
Chacha

No comments:

Post a Comment