WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Home Cooking : Hawaiian Fried Rice

I like rice a lot, any way it's cooked I'll eat it. But I'm trying to stay away from it as much as possible.
My belly will thank me one day.
The problem is my little boy loves rice, like his mom but much more. He can eat rice everyday if he could. He can do that, his calorie burning routine makes it all right.
So I've been cooking rice for him and veggies for myself. That works perfectly.
But sometimes I can't help but make for both of us.

The recipe I'm going to share with you today it's simple, quick and delicious and lets not forget on budget.
This Hawaiian Fried Rice recipe can be made with plain rice left over from previous meal or you can make some. You can also buy Rotisserie chicken from the supermarket and use the white meat only. I always have chicken cutlets at home so I made mine from scratch. I named it Hawaiian because it has pineapple and I also wanted to make it sound exotic.
So put your aprons on, wash your hands and lets get cooking.
                                          

                                       Ingredients

1lb cooked white rice
1lb chicken cutlets
1/2 can of sweet peas or frozen if you preferred
1 large carrot cut in small pieces (I don't like frozen ones, they are tasteless and rubber like texture)
1 yellow onion cut in pieces ( I don't know why they are called yellow onions, to me they look white)
1/2 a can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup of soy sauce
Fresh grated ginger
4 cloves of garlic (or 2 if you're using Rotisserie chicken)
2 Tb vegetable oil
2 stalks of scallions cut in small pieces

                                       Preparation


Cut chicken cutlets in small pieces so it cooks faster, seasoned with 2 cloves of garlic and just a pinch of salt.
Mix the ginger, soy sauce and the extra garlic (I like to grate the garlic as well A la Rachel Ray).
 In a non-stick deep pan heat the oil and cook chicken until slightly brown and well done, about 10 minutes.
Add carrots and onions and cook for a couple of minutes, add the peas, soy sauce-ginger-garlic mixture little by little as well as the rice. Mix well until rice gets covered by sauce. Add the pineapple chunks.
Keep adding and mixing all the ingredients and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Sprinkle scallions and serve.


'ohoiho (Enjoy)
All the ingredients necessary

Fresh ginger

Canned peas and fresh chopped carrots

Fresh scallions and canned pineapple

Chicken and veggies ready for the mix party

The chopsticks are only for decor, I still don't know to how to use them.

Yummy!
Love, Chacha

No comments:

Post a Comment