WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

HOME COOKING; Simple & Hearty Chicken Soup ( for the Soul )

Do you know why it's called "Chicken soup for the Soul"?
I'm not sure myself but I believe it has something to do with how you feel after you eat some.
I can testify that chicken soup has made me feel better when I have a cold or when I'm just cold. It also makes wonders when I have a hangover (once in a while).

 Chicken Soup for the Soul is a series of books featuring inspirational and motivation stories.
 There's also a line of products for cooking and even cats and dogs food is sold. Check it out. http://www.chickensoup.com

My whole family loves soups, including my little guy. My mom is an expert on the subject, I mean in the kitchen, making chicken soups.
By tried and error I've mastered the no-fuss chicken soup. I give all the credits to my mom, who taught me how to cook.  But as I've mentioned before I always add or substitute some ingredients just to make it a little bit more original to Chacha's Kitchen and also to score some points on my cooking skills, nothing wrong with that, right?.
Below I'm sharing my personal recipe:  it's simple, very healthy ( contains various vegetables ) and absolutely on the budget.
 
Serves 4
Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds of chicken ( I use chicken cutlets)
Salt and pepper to taste
Oregano to taste and two cloves of garlic
2 medium carrots and two medium potatoes cut in pieces
2 ears of corn cut in three pieces each
1 can of chicken broth (low sodium)
1 packet of Lipton chicken soup seasoning
1 stalk of celery cut in small pieces
1/2 of a small cabbage cut in small wedges
Cilantro for cooking and for garnish
1 avocado

Preparation
  1. Boil 2 cups of water and cook potatoes, carrots and corn for about 5 minutes
  2. Add celery and cilantro and cover for about 2 more minutes
  3. Meanwhile cut chicken in small pieces, season with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic
  4. When vegetables are still tender and the cilantro and celery aromas fills your kitchen add the seasoned chicken, chicken broth and Lipton soup packet and cover for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked completely.
  5. Serve and garnish with cilantro sprigs and a slice of avocado.
Mmm good!!


My Little Superman loving his chicken soup







2 comments: