WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

HOME COOKING : Pasta Salad

The term "fast-food" doesn't exist in my house; at least not in the concept that everybody knows it.
I can't remember the last time I set foot in one of those "fast-food" restaurant. But don't get me wrong, there were many times that I've craved for fries, chicken nuggets or even the famous Big Mac. Not anymore, they are not as appetizing as before to the point that my little boy doesn't even know what those are or what the big red M stands for. I've never taken him to neither one of the popular "fast-food" restaurants around. I'm hoping to keep him away from them as long as possible.

This small statement brings me to this dish for today, it's "fast-food" in the opposite way. I made this salad in about 20 minutes or so. It's sometimes considered a side dish but I made it as a regular meal for the day, actually for dinner. Every day I try to find quick, easy but healthy meals for me and my little boy. It's hard.
At the time I get home from work it could get a bit overwhelming to do so, it's like a Mission Impossible but creativity and willingness gets me there all the time. My "fast-food" is packed with protein (pasta, chicken) and vitamins from the vegetables, so forget about the big red M, the BK or even that little girl named Wendy. Here's my recipe for a quick healthy meal for any time of the day.

Ingredients

1/2 a box of  Rotini pasta or any other kind you like.
Tip:  (for even quicker meal, I used pasta that cooks in 3 minutes).
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tb of olive oil
1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves chopped and some for garnish (mine are home grown, see picture below)
1/2 a Tb white wine vinegar
Cooked chicken breast ( I made mine from scratch)
A cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
Half a cup of scallions chopped
Half of a yellow and orange sweet peppers chopped


Preparation

Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain and let it cool or add a cup of ice cold water for faster results. In a large bowl add  pasta and all the ingredients and stir until all is well mixed. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!




Love Chacha

No comments:

Post a Comment