WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Home Cooking : Skirt Steak w Chimichurri Sauce and Grilled Asparagus

I was reading an article on Glamour magazine, but a totally different one caught my eye. The first thing I noticed was a picture of a delicious looking salad with shrimps. Of course anything to do with food I'll make a double take. I kept reading it and the interesting part is that celebrity chef Giada De Laurentiis was giving advise on Three Meals Every Woman Should Know How to Make by age 20, 30 & 40. Uh! I said to myself, very intriguing. So I get to the part where by 20 you should know how to make an Orange/Grapefruit Parfait. Is she serious? By 20 I was making a whole meal not a snack. By 30 is the Shrimp/Zucchini and Avocado Salad and by 40 Grilled Chicken Tenders with Apple-Mango Chutney. Not bad, but by that age every woman should know more than to make a salad, so at this point I'm laughing. I'm in my 30s and  I know way more than she's recommending. FYI : If you're like me and didn't know what a chutney was either, I just found out it's a salsa made with fruits, just like the Mexican salsa Pico the Gallo style, you're welcome. Today I'll show you how to make an easy, delicious Chic and Cheap meal at any age (teenagers included).

 Ingredients 
 Serves 2

2 Skirt steaks seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
1/2 lb of Asparagus
Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cooking Spray
Extra sprinkle of salt and pepper for the asparagus

Chimichurri Sauce

A bunch of cilantro leaves
A small red onion cut in small pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
A pinch of oregano
3 or 4 cloves of garlic
2 Tb of extra virgin olive oil
Tsp of white wine vinegar (or  you can use regular distilled vinegar)
Blend all the ingredients until smooth, taste in case you need a bit more salt, pepper etc.


Preparation
Heat the stove top grill pan on medium-high and spray the oil.
Season the asparagus with a sprinkle of salt/pepper and olive oil.
Place the asparagus and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until tender and put aside.
Spray a bit more oil and cook the skirt steaks for about 5 minutes on each side. ( Or longer if you prefer you meat well done).
 Serve meat and asparagus with a fair amount of chimichurri sauce on top and enjoy with a glass of red wine.









No comments:

Post a Comment