WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

HOME COOKING ; Vegetable Rainbow with Pork Chops (Chopped).

My love for color is beyond my wardrobe. You can see it in my home decor style to my cooking.
I think color is essential  when presenting a dish but not forgetting that flavor is also very important.
 I always cook with at least three or more kind of vegetables, if is not for flavor it will be for color. A well presented and tasty looking plate is very appealing to the eye and the stomach. I think that's the reason I get so undecided when looking at a menu in restaurants, if they have pictures on it. If you've been following my posts on Home Cooking you've probably noticed how colorful my dishes are, all from simple vegetables.
I was looking thru my photo album on my phone and I found this particular dish I had prepared a few days ago, I saw how colorful it looked and how delicious it tasted. Below is the recipe for my Vegetable Rainbow with Pork Chops (Chopped).

Ingredients

4 pork chops, chopped in pieces
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tb of vegetable oil
4 strips of Hickory Smoked bacon cut in small pieces
1 red and 1 yellow onion cut in rings
1/2 of one sweet yellow, red and orange peppers cut in strips
6 Brussels sprouts cut in half
6 Asparagus spears cut in pieces
1 large carrot cut in pieces
 1 cup of broccoli florets

 Preparation

Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and  garlic and set aside.
In a skillet heat the oil and cook the meat for a few minutes or until golden. Add the bacon and cook for about 5 minutes then add the carrots and onions. Keep cooking for a few more minutes and add the rest of the vegetables according to how tender you like them (some soften faster than others). I added the broccoli last. Serve with a cup of white or brown rice if you wish or eat it just like that, there's plenty of colorful vegetables anyways.









No comments:

Post a Comment