WELCOME TO MY BLOG

Welcome to Chic and Cheap by Chacha; a Fashion and Lifestyle blog.
Join me for a dose of Chic and Cheap style, delicious meals recipes, home decoration tips and much more.
Be Creative. Be Adventurous. Be Unique. Be YOU!

Remember:
"It's not how much $$$ you spend....It's how AWESOME you make it look" !!!

Love, Chacha

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

CHACHA'S CLOSET; MODERN BALLERINA

A few years ago I dressed up for a party in a tutu skirt A la' Carrie Bradshaw. A hot pink tutu skirt which I passed on to my 8 yrs old niece later on. Let's be honest a woman 25 and above should not be dressed like an eight year old. Never. Ever.
Even thou I was already in my 30's I styled my pink tutu skirt with some tough black and silver accessories. A black one shoulder top, studded black heels and some cool bracelets with spikes. So it wasn't such a girly girl kind of outfit after all. A little over a year ago I also wore a black tutu skirt with a DIY  feathers on it. It was a girly outfit but again not too girly. I had an open back black top and blue pumps to match the blue feathers on my tutu skirt.
But today's outfit it's all about a more settle ballerina, more modern I'll say. The skirt it's not necessarily a tutu and it's length makes a huge difference. So to make it even less girlish I added this awesome green vest. At my age it's all about length, fit and the appropriate amount of girliness. I want to look modern, chic and in style and most important; my age.













 Love Chacha,

Cargo vest: Madewell, no longer available, similar style in black here, and a long sleeve style similar to mine here also love this twill/leather version here Skirt; DKNY, (old) similar styles herehere and here. Tank Top: H&M here, and packs of two here are the best for layering under sweaters, jackets etc. Heels: Annalie Leather Ankle Straps by Vince via Marshalls at an unbelievable price, no longer available but very similar styles herehere, a bit out of my budget almost identical here, also love this pair here. Leather Black Tote: Rebecca Minkoff, no longer available, similar styles here, love this one, and this one.
Jewelry: MK watch, Alex and Ani bracelets, Sunnies: Ray Ban Folding Wayfarer, Gold Tattoo: ShimmerTatts via Etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment